Job title: Payroll Assistant
Reports to: HR Manager
Hours of work: 20 hours
Salary: £11.50 - £12.00 per hour
About Glenshire Group
Glenshire Group is a Scottish family-owned conglomerate based in Fife. The Group was established in 2020 to consolidate various existing business interests spanning multiple sectors operating within various sectors including Retail (Eros Retail), Hospitality, Property, Cleaning Hygiene & Business Supplies (Disruptive Brands), Online and Frozen Drinks (Skwishee) space.
As a Payroll Assistant, you will be reporting to the HR Manager, preparing the weekly payrolls, maintaining the payroll system, and ensuring compliance with applicable rules and regulations. This involves management of the payroll systems and processes, weekly analysis reporting, reconciliations and controls, and relationship management with departments throughout the business.
- Overseeing payroll across the business and working with management teams to ensure all payrolls are efficiently processed
- Ensuring high levels of quality by thoroughly reviewing input data
- Processing weekly pay claims, timesheets, and additional ad-hoc payments.
- Ensuring correct payments are made to employees in relating to tax, SSP, and SMP calculations for UK payroll
- Reviewing all payroll inputs and checking payslips and payroll reports.
- Preparing payroll journals
- Liaising with Human Resources, Finance, and store managers to ensure that all data, updates, and claims are received in a complete and timely manner.
- Processing pension payments in line with current legislation
- Assisting the HR Department with administrative tasks.
- Liaising with the accounts payable department
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills - essential
- Exemplary planning and time management skills - essential
- Ability to multitask and prioritise workload daily - essential
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, confidentiality, and ability to meet deadlines - essential
- A passion to learn, contribute and reinforce the culture throughout your interactions - essential
- Discretion and confidentiality - essential
- Previous payroll/accounts experience preferred
What do I need?
- Ability to apply payroll rules and regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively and convey technical information to non-finance audiences.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Relationship management and customer service skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and on your own
- Can-do attitude
- Attention to details
- Competitive Salary
- Colleague discount of 10% within retail stores & Subway and 20% within Glenshire Group hospitality sites
- Pension with 3% employer contributions
- Be part of an entrepreneurial and fun team
- Prosper & flourish with the business - if you succeed, we succeed
- Get involved within wider parts of the business
- Ample opportunity to learn and grow with lots of career progression opportunities
When & how do we get started?
- We are looking for the ideal candidate to start ASAP
- Please submit your CV
This job has now closed
You can find more jobs over on our careers page.
See More Jobs